About Crazy Daisy Productions
Professional Online Audio Mixing & Mastering, Sound Editing, Voiceover and Narration, Track Addition and Replacement, plus Recording, Acoustics, and Soundproofing Consulting Services
Crazy Daisy Productions HistoryFounded by head sound engineer Erik Veach in 2001, Crazy Daisy Productions first began as an audio mastering studio in Eugene, Oregon. Using a proprietary software program he developed, Erik's unbeatable talent, keen ears and friendly manner Crazy Daisy quickly became the mastering facility of choice for many independent musicians across the country and around the globe, introducing the idea of online mastering as a reliable and affordable option for quality professional sounding results.
Crazy Daisy Productions has evolved over time, providing relevant audio post-production and sound consulting services germaine to the needs of contemporary artists, studios, and businesses. We are currently located near beautiful San Luis Obispo, California, but our clients span the entire globe.
Erik Veach - Founder/Lead Engineer
As the son of a performing musician, Erik's ear for music developed from an early age. Picking up the guitar as a teenager and later the bass, his affinity for songwriting led him naturally toward recording and audio engineering. Developing further specialties in sound and acoustics, he went on to earn a Master's degree in Physics, an EIT in engineering, and became both a fully elected member of the Institute of Noise Control Engineering and inducted as a voting member of the Recording Academy (Grammy awards).
Erik's dual interests in music and science inspired him to merge his two career paths into one. He founded Crazy Daisy Productions in 2001, bringing together his knowledge of acoustics and sound with his love of music and audio engineering. Erik has since mixed and mastered countless thousand tracks in nearly every genre of music and continues at Crazy Daisy as lead engineer and acoustics/recording consultant.
LinkedIn page for Erik Veach
Some of Erik Veach's publications and appearances:
- Music Connection April 2021 issue (Vol.45,No.4) - What is the Minimum Number of Systems I Should Check My Mix Through?
- Flypaper on soundfly.com - "What To Look For When Choosing New Headphones"
- Bandzoogle - "Could Digital Audio Ever Outperform Analog?"
- Music Coninection - "What Is The Minimum Number Of Different Systems I Should Check My Mix Through?"
- Flypaper on soundfly.com - "How To Make Your Mixes Louder The Right Way"
- Flypaper on soundfly.com - "The 3 Most Important Concerns When Mixing HipHop Vocals"
- Flypaper on soundfly.com - "Compressors vs. Limiters vs. Volume Automation: What's the Difference?"
- Bandzoogle - "Vocal Doubling: Record it for Real or use Plug-in Effects?"
- Flypaper on soundfly.com - "Are Our Citites Getting Louder? On Noise Pollution in Urban Environments"
- Flypaper on soundfly.com - "How To Avoid Mic Bleed in 3 Steps"
- Producerspot article - "Mixing vs Mastering, What's the Difference?"
- Flypaper on Soundfly.com - "The Art of Creating Audio Stems of Your Tracks"
- Flypaper on Soundfly.com - "Do I Need Mixing or Mastering for My Music? What's the Difference?"
- Xttrawave Music Production Article - "Editing? Mixing? Remixing? ...Audio Search Term Confusion!"
- Were You Still Listening, Podcast guest
- Guest appearance on Bauce Man Radio
- Crazy Daisy Productions Audio Tips and Hints Blog
A few examples of the clients we've worked with during the 18 years we've been providing audio post-production services
- Leandra Ramm - acclaimed vocalist with many tv spots and cruise ship show appearances
- Careless - Walt Kosar of Careless was featured in Guitar Player Magazine
- Karin Hougaard - multi award-winning South-African vocalist, artist, and writer
- Foad Manshadi - song "Aroom Aroom" was featured on the Season 6 Premiere of Sons of Anarchy
- Oso Slick - Van's Warped Tour hiphop artist
- LectricKramer - their video "Detroit City" has almost 600,000 YouTube views
- State of Oregon - narration recordings of state voter's pamphlet for visually impaired
- Tunedge - The TunEdge music library is used by Turner Broadcasting, Fox, CBS, ABC, NBC, HBO, VH-1 as well as hundreds of radio and TV stations
- Gran Great Momola - Capitol Latin artist whose videos have tens of thousands of views on YouTube
- DJ King Sams - Dancin on Air mixed and mastered by Crazy Daisy has over 100,000 views on YouTube, One Life mixed and mastered by Crazy Daisy has over 1.3 Million views on YouTube
- Laurie Z - Late pianist and Sony Disklavier spokesperson whose album "Roots" was considered for 8 Grammy nominations
- Artefekz Muzik - Electronic music label that includes a track included on Martin Gore's (Depeche Mode) must-hear list
- David Marks & the Marksmen - David Marks is an icon of American Rock History as one of the original Beach Boys, performing on their first 4 album
- Patsy Moore - Accomplished Warner Brothers artist with multiple albums
- Johnny Mo - Johnny Mo's album "A New Direction" debuted at #1 in Billboard Magazine for New Gospel Releases
- Lisa Coppola - performing songs written along with Anthony Krizan (Spin Doctors) and songs written by Anthony and John Waite
- Noreen Crayton - Winner of IMA Best Gospel song award, also appeared as a guest vocalist on Ronnie Milsap's Grammy winning album
- Tah Phrum Duh Bush - Nominated for best hiphop album IMA award
- The Bass Mint Bros - Mwalim of the Bass Mint Bros. is a two-time NE Urban Jazz award winner
- zhonray - winner of listener favorite country song in the UK
- Youngbodzy - Grammy nominee contender
- Rell Jerv - Appeared on The Four, vocal talent show on Fox TV, also a Grammy nominee contender
- Janie Henderson - song "Loveliest" appears in the Netflix original movie "The Last Summer"
- Ziv Tamari - Album of traditional Mediterranean instruments considered for International Grammy Nomination
Links to online sound and music resource pagesWe've assembled a list of a few useful resource pages to assist you with your music production, promotion, and other aspects of the music business.
Music Resource Links